Jim's Qualifications (Bio): a list of some of the unique things . that he has created / invented & designed starting at age 9
* Age 9: Bugged my house, Mothers Beauty Shop & the Restroom of a service station they were building next door.
* Age10: Figured out & built a working mechanical elevator, went up 12 ft to my tree house platform. None of my
students (in 28 yrs) or anyone they knew ever figured out how I did it, only my friends that watched me build it did.
* Age 11: Designed an electro-magnetic accelleration device that could shoot needlesacross a room & stick them in the wall.
* Age 14-18: Won Hi-School Science Fair 5 years in a row. Won Best Overall my last 3 years! My H.S. was 8th-12th grade.
* Age 15-17:All-State Band (3 yrs). Could play most Instruments in the band - was 1st chair Trumpet & Clarirnet.
* Age 17: Won Science Fair with listening device, similar to those used at current NFL games. Called it a "Detectoscope"
* Served3.5 yrs. USAF. 'GI bill' & TI's Summer Development Program paid for my BSEE SMU Engineering degree.
* Was tops in my class in a 53 week Air Force Electronics school and got the best possible Base assignment:
. the 745th AC&W Squadron in Duncanville,Tx. I have lived in Dallas all but 1 year of my life since.
* 'AirForce Honorable Discharge 1963. Hired by Texas Instruments and worked on the 'Shrike Missile' guidence system, held a.Top Secret Security Clearance for 12 yrs, in the Air Force & while working on government projects at Texas Instruments.
* 1964 designed 'Musical Lights Stereo Demo. System' visually showed how stereo.worked. Had two 1'x4' frames with 30
light bars each using colors to represent the three freq. bands in each channel - (Bass, MidRange,Treble). This system . . .. is still used in Clubs all over the world and I still have the original prototype hanging on a wall in my Dallas home.
* 1963-67 worked hard and became a non-degreed TI Engineer. TI put me in their 'Summer Development program' which
along with the 'GI Bill' paid all my expenses to attend SMU. They also also guaranteed me a job each year and after I
graduated sent me to Austin to work on the Bubble Memory system of a $25 million Air Traffic Control Super Computer.
* 1967-71 Attended SMU, Class of 1971 (BSEE), while in college worked in Research, & Design at TI. Eventually becoming a . . ... Product Developement Engr creating,inventing and designing original products for myself and many other companies.
* For 28 yrs Jim taught: 'Engineering Skills' (Basic & Advanced), 'Creative Problem Solving' - my speciality , and 'How Things.t . ... ... .Work'. All were Engineering classesat Private Schools & HomeSchool Co-OP's in Dallas, Richardson and Plano area.
* 1972-73 Texas Instruments Dallas, Designed the brain chip for the original hand held TI Calculator, the TI 1500and also . . . .. wrote theoperators manual explaining how to use it to do advanced mathmatics calculations.
* Took 5 yrs making my house a two story plus a 24' x 36' two story garage with 10' wide bridge from house to garage deck.
Built stairs from patio to garage deck and from ground floor to 2nd floor in workshop and special attic storage area.
* Original Product Designs include: Color ink printing analizer for graphics arts company, 'Musical Lights' Color display system . . . . used in night clubs, Original Hand Held Calculator, "Wide-angle 3D"w/o 3D glasses or Special Screen required", invented . "Musical Drum Sticks" &built the 172 fastest gaming computer in US - it's 9.5"W x 9"H x 16" L - rated by Heaven Score . Sys., is liquid cooled, i7 6700K intel chip, DUAL 500MB SSHD's, runs at 68 degree case temp, 10w audio built-in.
* Was Science-Fair Judge for several years and 1 year at 'Future City' competition at University of Texas, Arlington (UTA).
* Created projects and kits specifically designed to teach creative engineering skills and to develop or hone students abilities.
* Built and drove modified sports car to series championship. Won 'Most Popular car' award at the '91 Forth WorthAutorama. ... first time showed, held hill climb record at Austin Travis Dam for 2 years. Only lost three races in 5 years, DNF'd twice.
* Was Assistant SM and Eagle Coordinator at Troop 35, Highland Park, 18 yrs. plus co-started BSA Troop 125 at Northwest .
Bible Church, Dallas,(directly/indirectly helped over 300+ Scouts to earn their Eagle Scout Rank). Was on Circle 10
Health & Safety Com. and Boy Scouts highest level of Adult Training - WoodBadge #45 (1991), in Rare Antelope Patrol .
* There are otherTop Secretproducts I was hired to design for companies that I'm not allowed to disclose or discuss.