Jim has spent 50+ yrs. in Research & Development, Product Design, Teaching & Inventing. He taught his unique 'Technical Problem Solving' and 'Creative Design' classes at both Private Schools and Home-School Associations for 28 yrs. Read Jim's Background: to see what he has accomplished using his Essential Skills & Design methods that he developed into a proven path for success. THIS ISN'T A SCHOOL but a website to help guide you into a successful career! Use e-mail link above to contact me, leave phone # if you want to get a call back.
Those who don't take college serious and learn how to prepare will get hired then fired after the 3 month probation trap.
Why? Because you're the enemy and aren't prepared for what's coming against you. Before you go to College (or change jobs) there are vital things you need to know that no-one will tell you. I tell those I'm helping - FREE (see 1) below - this is one of the things I do to give you a successful career head start.
Jim's methods of design are the basic essential steps you need need to know and understand in order to apply them.
What I want to offer on this website:
LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE SPENDING $150,000 Or More For A Questionable Education and A Debt You Can't Repay.
1) "Free initial advice" I want to help you make wise choices and prepare a successful career plan to meet your goals. I've been there, done that and want to help you do it to. I'll warn you of what you you need to know to avoid expensive mistakes. If under age 18 at least one of your parents should be involved to hear what I'm offering. This is free but starting in step-2 there will be a small fee depending on what you need to know, based on time we spent, on-line, the phone or in person.
2) Small Flexable (to be determined) fee
For 28 years I've taught Engineering classes at 2 or 3 schools each year. I want to share what I've learned in 50 years as a Product Development R&D Engineer (now retired) and offer my own unique method I've developed to invent & design original products. I never shared my methods with anyone before now.
3) "STUFF for SALE" For 23 years I held Annual Creative Technology Summer Camps, most at Heights Park Center in Richardson, Texas. For 28 years I taught classes - I had to buy and store thousands of dollars o stuff a lot of which I still have!
I have many left over new & used hard to find left over items to sell, see the 'Stuff for Sale' page. This includes class materials, tools, kits, computers, computer parts, soldering irons, small hand tools and many other things I no longer need.
I will offer various items, new and used. I'm selling these things to clear up storage space in my Lab and give my friends good deals on hard to find stuff at very cheap prices.
If you have questions or suggestions simply send them to me. See 'e-mail Jim' at top left of this page and put 'from KLC Website' in the Subject line. My desire is to help smart people that are willing to work and want to be successful.
I retired April 2019 and have thousands of dollars worth of new and used stuff to sell!
Page will be set up when I have the time! I have many computers, bought, built or modified by me to use in my classes and research projects. I will sell working and/or parts for very cheap prices as-is, no warranty. If you are interested or have questions e-mail me. The computers quality and speed determines the price. I design, build or modify Desktops, Laptops and Gaming Computers just for fun. If you want other options ask, I will, if possible modify a computer to meet your needs. Selling: Power Tools, soldering irons, regular tools, Computer stuff, Electronic kits and other valuables. Check often to see what's changed or to ask if I have something you might need.
Jim's 'Essential Skills & Design Methods '   These are basic facts, understanding how to apply them is the secret I explain the system to those I help
1) 'Your Attitude' is very important & you have control of it, always be positive. 2) 'Common Sense' is vital, it's the ability to do a job with what's available to you. 3) Good 'Work Ethic': Must work as hard as it takes to accomplish your goal 4) 'Quitting is never an option', Quitters never win, it becomes your downfall. 5) 'Must believe' you can do the task at hand or you're defeated before you start 6) 'Learn from mistakes' it took Edison 2,500 tries to design the first light bulb 7) 'Develop application skills' so you can always find a way to get a job done. 8) 'Quantium Technology' is here: if you can keep up you'll be in high demand.
Over the past 50 years I have developed a method of design which I've used to invent many successful products. I know what it takes to be successful and want to share this knowledge and my methods with you, the next generation.
"Always keep up with the latest" advances or you will level off and become obsolete.
Learn what you need to know before spending $150,000 or more for an education you can't use & debt you can't repay.
I am in the process of rebuilding this website for my 6th career. I have thousands of dollars worth of parts, kits, equipment, tools and other stuff left over from my 28th year teaching career that I will need to eliminate. A 'STUFF FOR SALE' page will eventually be posted on this site' when I can find the time to do it.
Back To Top
Learn: how to build / invent stuff by - Taking things apart to see how they work! And... Dream about . . . Creating Robots? Make dreams come true and plans become things that work - even if you don't know an LED from a PCB - .Get a technological Head Start on your Future Competition!
My 4 careers (a 5th, this website, is coming): 1) After serving in the Air Force I was hired as a Sr. Level Technician at TI and in 4 yrs became a non-degree TI Engineer. I held a Top-Secret Security Clearance for over 10 yrs and worked on the Guidance system of the "Shrike Missile". 2) TI paid my way to SMU and I became a Product Development Research & Design Engineer who Invented original products for many companies. 3)Started a corporation, ACS Inc, A Consulting Company: helped individuals to locate, buy/sale foreign, exotic and collector cars in both US & Europe - Was not a dealer! This was a result of my racing background. in my Bio.
4) Started Kinetic Learning Center Inc for 28 yrs I taught Engineering Classes designed to make complex technical concepts easy to understand. I teach the missing links needed after graduation or anytime you get a new job. Projects were designed to help students hone creative application skills plus reinforced knowledge and understanding of 'How Things Work'. I taught my students how to use and apply what they had learned into original ideas and designs.
5) In process of starting a 'Path to Success'career help site for ages 13-25 I will make it very affordable. Check my Bio (above) and Background - I have a lot to offer, example: to learn how to apply your book knowledge into things that will actually help you reach your goals in life - whatever they may be. If you have questions e-mail Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org (put KLC in Subject line).
To see how I've applied these steps read my background again. Designed 20 yrs ago: Double barrel Super-Cannon which can shoot marbles, potatoes or tennis balls. Jim's Water Rocket was used at many of my 23 Summer Camps, and goes over 400ft high. also see my favorite video 650HP Racer it's incredible!
Example order form ....(order #)
--Prod-- -info- $... To have shipped To buy assembled Pick-up in Dallas
Back To Top
'Creative Problem Solving'Jim has designed unique special projects to help teach Engineering, Robotics, Design principles, Gaming Computers, and how to invent or design 'original' concepts. He covers 'divergent problem solving skills', 'special creative techniques', 'simplified engineering principles and abilities', etc.
--Prod-- --info-- $... To have shipped To buy assembled Pick-up in Dallas
Back To Top
to be updated
under reconstruction: (will be) Safe Videos that u-tube' or others don't use to capture/lead you off to bad video's. If this happens please let me know so I can stop it.
(19) Triple Pwr RatTrap Runs length of Gym in 10 seconds
(20) 500ft WaterRocket More KLC Videos to be added
(18) Apx 20 Wall-e Shorts Click left arrow for video selection
(29) 650hp custom built Racer
Custom built for this video
This Project inspired by the Apple 'Sleep-mode' light
How Things Work: for ages 10-17
On college transcripts call it: Design Concepts,
Updated 2019-2020 class descriptions This is a High School level class but younger students have taken it successfully for years.
For young Wanta-be Inventors and Designers: Learn how and why things are made! Get hands-on experience using original methods that Jim's developed and used over the last 50 yrs,see "Jims Background" on the HomePage. These are the skills that made him a successful Product Design and Research Engineer. He want to pass them on to you. These methods can be applied to most technical careers not just engineering. Schools today don't prepare students for what will be expected of them when they graduate. I teach my students how and what to do to survive in the working environment. Get a head start on your future competition. These classes are a unique one-of-a-kind experience!
To develop, create, design or invent you must have a basic fundamental understanding of how and why things work. Without this knowledge you can only modify what others have done. Students will take apart all kinds of things to see what makes them tick. Sometimes we will fix or modify the project into something else. This is an exciting class Jim has developed to teach the skills, abilities and his methods needed to create original designs.
I recommend taking this class more than once because it takes time and repetition to understand the basic concepts. Usually the first year in any of my classes is great fun but in the second year you begin to understand the concepts and principles involved. The projects are always new or changed each year. Come and join the fun! Students can bring things to fix, to work on themselves or to share with the class. There is no homework or quizzes, students are graded on class participation and attitude.
Examples of past projects:
We have built gaming computers, Free Wi-Fi antennas, lightning generators, Marshmallow Cannons, Rat(trap) Racers, a go-cart & LED lantern survival light. Learned how to wire home electronics like ceiling fans, stereos, surround sound, install light cutoff switches in two or more locations with a dimmer. Studied Humanoid Robotics, Automotive stuff (ask me about it), Taken apart; X-boxes, R/C cars, computers, smart phones, hard drives, keyboards, electric motors, drills, soldering irons, glue guns, a lawn mower engine, converted a 2 speaker system to sound like a 'virtual surround' system, used metal & plastic bending tools and many other things.
26 Kart Racers (unlimited) Courage has no Speed Limit PG 27 Lemans Prototype Racing European Championship Series PG 28 Bullitt (Steve McQueen) Best car chase in movie history PG 29 Short Circuit (Johnny 5) Runaway robot think he's alive PG
35 Days of Thunder Racing movie with Tom Cruise PG-13 36 Italian Job Orig/Remake Wild bank robbery & escape PG-13 37 The One Destroy the matrix to save the universe PG-13 41 I Robot Adv powerfull robots try to take over PG-13